The Ultimate Guide to Amazon Data 2021
What is Amazon Data?
Amazon data is a list of all the purchases that customers have made in the past with Amazon. It covers the specific products they bought, how much does each product cost, information about the customer, when they ordered the products, how frequently they order from Amazon, and their return/exchange rate. Amazon data is a convenient way for an online retail or e-commerce website owner to keep a record of all purchases that customers have made through Amazon. It allows e-commerce website owners to get up-to-date data on each order made, including shipping updates, order wishlist, customer reviews and account details.
How is Amazon Data collected?
There are three methods for Amazon data collection:
Point of sale (POS) data collection - Point of sale (POS) data collection sheds light on points such as customer intent, shopping preferences, and sales trends to help e-commerce website owners know which products are generating profit.
Online Surveys - The simplest way to know what your customers think of your products and services is to ask them! Online surveys collect Amazon data by asking Amazon users about their experience with a vendor or product.
Web and online traffic - Amazon data is also collected from online traffic and web portals, cookies, and caches data from online shopping portals.
What are the attributes of Amazon Data?
The main attributes of Amazon data are:
- Consumer products Amazon data: This is the type of Amazon data that covers purchase details of consumer products from Amazon. Consumer products are products that a consumer buys for their personal needs like textiles, computers, and games. Amazon data can include information on the following kinds of consumer products:
- Convenience products Amazon data.
- Shopping products Amazon data.
- Specialty products Amazon data.
- Industrial products Amazon data: This is the type of Amazon data that covers purchase details of industrial products from Amazon. Industrial products are products that a consumer buys for the company and non-personal use like office furniture, tools, and business equipment. Amazon data can include information on the following kinds of industrial products:
- Furniture and fixtures Amazon data
- Capital items Amazon data.
- Business and supplies Amazon data.
What is Amazon Data used for?
Amazon data is used by retail and e-commerce website owners to get up-to-date data on each product that a customer orders from Amazon. It’s used to enhance various sales and marketing strategies, offers and discount schemes. By keeping e-commerce website owners updated about customer’s shopping preferences, this data is used to improve sales experience, reducing the chance of returns/exchange and to make sure that customer support resources are spent in an optimal way. Amazon data is also useful in forecasting stock/product demand and knowing the bestselling products on e-commerce platforms.
How can a user assess the quality of Amazon Data?
The quality of amazon data is dependent completely on how it’s used – e-commerce website owners have to keep stocks on a wide range of goods on their site, depending on customer order decisions, demand and supply and prevailing market trends. So Amazon data is only useful if it’s relevant to the user’s own business and product offering. Another key point to remember about Amazon data monitoring is that its purpose is to find actionable trends in literally billions of data points on the user’s online shopping history. So the quality of the data should be accurate as well as offer a huge breadth of coverage.
Here are some questions you should keep in mind when looking to buy Amazon data:
- Where does is the data sourced from?
- How is the data checked for accuracy?
- What technologies are used to gather the Amazon data?
- What are the formats in which the data is available?
Who are the best Amazon Data providers?
Finding the right Amazon Data provider for you really depends on your unique use case and data requirements, including budget and geographical coverage. Popular Amazon Data providers that you might want to buy Amazon Data from are GBSN Research, Photon Commerce, Datahut, Edge by Ascential, and datazeit.
Where can I buy Amazon Data?
Data providers and vendors listed on Datarade sell Amazon Data products and samples. Popular Amazon Data products and datasets available on our platform are GBSN Research | Amazon Product Research | Amazon FBA by GBSN Research, Edge by Ascential⎢Market Share for Amazon⎢Amazon Data for Asia, Europe & North America by Edge by Ascential, and Photon Commerce - Amazon & eCommerce Purchase History Panel Data by Photon Commerce.
How can I get Amazon Data?
You can get Amazon Data via a range of delivery methods - the right one for you depends on your use case. For example, historical Amazon Data is usually available to download in bulk and delivered using an S3 bucket. On the other hand, if your use case is time-critical, you can buy real-time Amazon Data APIs, feeds and streams to download the most up-to-date intelligence.
What are similar data types to Amazon Data?
Amazon Data is similar to Alibaba Data. These data categories are commonly used for Ecommerce Analysis and Amazon Data analytics.
What are the most common use cases for Amazon Data?