The Ultimate Guide to Product Data 2021
What is Product Data?
Product data is information about a product including price, model, release date, product listing, retail websites that offer those products, online reviews from consumers, and availability. Product data is gathered from a large list of catalogs from a different e-commerce website, which can be useful to gain insights about the real-time sales performance of products and consumers’ purchase behavior.
How is Product Data collected?
Product data is collected from various different sources. These sources include online surveys and reviews, e-commerce websites, retail websites, and manufacturer’s websites. This information is collected by data providers. Data providers then analyze and organize this information into accurate product datasets. For providers to acquire accurate datasets, they first validate product information, and remove all unnecessary and incomplete information. Since new products emerge daily, the data must be updated frequently.
What are the typical attributes of Product Data?
Product data is composed of these typical attributes:
- Information attributes: the information included in these attributes are product name, SKU, brand, photos, category, description, and online reviews and ratings.
- Price attributes: this refers to the fee of the product, whether discounted or by wholesale. This also includes the number of sales and inventory.
- Model attributes: this includes the model of the product, manufacturing date, and expiration if applicable.
What is Product Data used for?
Product data is used by marketers and advertisers. Marketers use this data to gather a list of products and to analyze online reviews. By doing these, marketers gain valuable insights on what to improve and what to retain, which they communicate to the relevant manufacturer teams. They can also use this as a reference for benchmarking when purchasing products to compare prices from different retail stores. Additionally, advertisers can utilize this data by taking advantage of the negative reviews for a product to develop new products that address these consumer pain points.
How can a user assess the quality of Product Data?
In assessing the quality of product data, users should observe the following qualities:
• Relevant: For product data to be relevant, it must be up-to-date and updated frequently. Since it is about unique products, the data must also come from credible information that is verified and validated.
• Accurate: The data format must be consistent at all times. To calculate product data accuracy, users must ensure that quantitative values are correct, and that qualitative information similarly provides good results.
• Completeness: Product data must be comprehensive and must be error-free.
Who are the best Product Data providers?
Finding the right Product Data provider for you really depends on your unique use case and data requirements, including budget and geographical coverage. Popular Product Data providers that you might want to buy Product Data from are Vumonic, Mintec Global, Edge by Ascential, DataWeave, and GBSN Research.
Where can I buy Product Data?
Data providers and vendors listed on Datarade sell Product Data products and samples. Popular Product Data products and datasets available on our platform are GBSN Research | Web scraping | Data scraping (Product Data, Business Data, Lead generation) by GBSN Research, Bright Data | E-commerce Data - Global Coverage - Trending Products, Consumer Sentiment, Inventory-level Product Data by Bright Data (Formerly Luminati Networks), and Coresignal Tech Product Review Data / Global / 2 Sources / 100K+ Records / Updated Monthly by Coresignal.
How can I get Product Data?
You can get Product Data via a range of delivery methods - the right one for you depends on your use case. For example, historical Product Data is usually available to download in bulk and delivered using an S3 bucket. On the other hand, if your use case is time-critical, you can buy real-time Product Data APIs, feeds and streams to download the most up-to-date intelligence.