Top Fund Data Providers, Vendors, and Companies
Find the top Fund Data aggregators, suppliers, and firms.
The Ultimate Guide to Fund Data 2021
Learn everything about Fund Data. Understand data sources, popular use cases, and data quality.
Table of Contents
What is Fund Data?
Fund data is information related to funds that are available in the market. This information is produced from the various instruments in the financial market. These funds include mutual funds, hedge funds, pension funds, ETFs, equities, and other financial instruments. Fund data is based on the value of the instruments in the financial market, and it can be used to predict the future value of the fund.
How is Fund Data collected?
Fund data is collected through several sources. These sources include the stock market, securities exchanges, financial news sites, brokers, traders, social media platforms, and companies. These sources all organize and analyze the value of the types of fund, and the data compiled is fund data. The gathered information is in the form of graphs, charts, statistics, and figures. After collecting the information, data providers compile the fund data into datasets in formats which users can download.
What are the typical attributes of Fund Data?
Fund data is composed of a wide list of attributes. However, here are some typical attributes you may encounter:
• Price attributes – this refers to the selling price of any type of funds available in the market.
• Trading attributes – this refers to information about the trading history of funds, its brokers, and other metrics of trading.
• Analytics attributes – this refers to predictions of the value of certain funds, its current position in the stock market, and other results based on analytics.
What is Fund Data used for?
Fund data is used by traders, investors, and fund managers. They use this data to optimize their fund portfolio. They also use fund data in their trading strategies to maximize the increase of return of investment. Another use of fund data is to enable investors to incorporate this data in their fund management strategy to provide better decision making when it comes to buying and selling. Having timely and accurate fund data enables them to save lots of time and resources rather than collecting information about various funds on their own.
How can a user assess the quality of Fund Data?
In assessing the quality of Fund data, you might consider these aspects:
• Completeness – for fund data to be of high-quality, complete information must be observed. There should be no gap in the data collection process, so as to avoid misleading insights.
• Reliability – due to many sources being collected, the data must not contradict each other.
• Timeliness – the data must be collected at the right moment. Fund data must be up-to-date and updated frequently to avoid misrepresentation.
Furthermore, you can read online reviews about the providers and ask for sample fund data to see if it fits your needs.
Who are the best Fund Data providers?
Finding the right Fund Data provider for you really depends on your unique use case and data requirements, including budget and geographical coverage. Popular Fund Data providers that you might want to buy Fund Data from are Exchange Data International, FACTSET, SIX, and Refinitiv.
How can I get Fund Data?
You can get Fund Data via a range of delivery methods - the right one for you depends on your use case. For example, historical Fund Data is usually available to download in bulk and delivered using an S3 bucket. On the other hand, if your use case is time-critical, you can buy real-time Fund Data APIs, feeds and streams to download the most up-to-date intelligence.