Mobile Network Coverage
Top Mobile Network Coverage APIs, Datasets, and Databases
Find the top commercial Mobile Network Coverage sets, feeds and streams.
Global Cell / Carrier / Telco Data Base
|Quality||25% SIM MCC/MNC|
Japan+ 246 others
|History||12 months of past data available|
|Use Case||Market Research, Competitor Analytics + 3 more|
Top Mobile Network Coverage Providers, Vendors, and Companies
Find the top Mobile Network Coverage aggregators, suppliers, and firms.
The Ultimate Guide to Mobile Network Coverage 2020
Learn everything about Mobile Network Coverage. Understand data sources, popular use cases, and data quality.
Table of Contents
What is Mobile Network Coverage Data?
Mobile network coverage refers to the topographical area that is covered by the network of a service provider or mobile network operator (MNO). Within the area in which mobile network coverage is strong, a user’s mobile phone can complete a call using the mobile network operator’s network. There are three levels in which mobile network coverage can be categorized: basic, enhanced, and optimal. The basic level defines a mobile network user’s safety net or connections. The enhanced level identifies a user’s connection capability through texts, instant messaging, and social media access. The optimal level is the highest level where the network coverage allows users to enjoy every function, everywhere, for the vast majority of the time.
How is this Mobile Network Coverage Data collected?
The data used to measure the mobile network coverage and quality of service (QoS) comes from several sources. These sources can consist of mobile network operators, regulators via surveys, and statistics from user feedback and measurement campaigns from third parties. MNOs provide coverage data that is recorded from the operation maintenance center (OMC) meters, performance data files, data collection servers in the network, and probes. Through advanced technical know-how, regulators can use coverage map simulations tools to provide this data. Consumer fulfillment surveys, complaints, and reports avail mobile network coverage data through the identification of issues that users face in their day-to-day usage of mobile networks. Through crowdsourcing, mobile network coverage data can be amassed in a controlled environment in which tests are carried out on a user’s device essentially using an app.
What are the attributes of Mobile Network Coverage Data?
Mobile network coverage data is defined by several key attributes: location, time, and additional attributes for events, networks, and subscribers.
• Location attributes - This network coverage attribute is linked to geography, so looks at the geospatial and mobile positioning aspect of mobile network coverage data.
• Time attributes - In this feature, network coverage data is dissected to reveal time-related factors. For example, seizure time is the moment when resources are supplied to provide a service to a subscriber. The answer time is the precise moment when a user of a given network answers a phone call.
• Extra attributes for specific events, network data, and subscribers - These include record type that helps to define data types and key events. Additional attributes for subscribers stores and defines information about the customers that are subscribed to a given network. Such information may include demographic factors like age, gender, and language.
What is Mobile Network Coverage Data used for?
Mobile network coverage data provides a useful measure of coverage and quality of service of mobile network operators. This data helps the right stakeholders to satisfy several objectives that include observing rollout responsibilities, transparency, and investment choices. This data is essential as far as monitoring an operator’s compliance with their obligations is concerned. It also keeps users up to date, a factor that drives competition in the telecommunication industry based on the connection between coverage, quality of service, and prices. Mobile network coverage data also gives an overview of the digital scorecard for a given region as a result of driving the assessment of public policies and the extent of investment opportunities.
How can a user assess the quality of Mobile Network Coverage Data?
The quality of mobile network coverage data can be assessed in several ways:
• Your mobile network coverage data provider should be transparent in terms of how the data was acquired, the protocols that were used when obtaining it, and the date upon which the data was collected.
• The data ought to be presented in a format that it is easy for people to understand and interpret.
• Another quality aspect of assessing mobile network coverage data is its relevance, geographical and user coverage, and the level of PII aggregation.
• Furthermore, how regularly this data is refreshed via updates is another crucial aspect that ascertains the quality of network coverage data.
Categories Related to Mobile Network Coverage
Explore similar categories related to Mobile Network Coverage.