Quantifying the impact of Weather on Grains
Optimized for quick responseGet Intro
CropProphet is produced by https://www.prescientweather.com, a US-base climate information service provider.
CropProphet uses 40 years of daily, county/subdistrict level weather data to model the impact of weather conditions on crops. Today the product focuses on quantifying the impact of weather on winter wheat, corn, and soybeans.
The forecasts are updated daily during the crop season. One version of the forecasts is based on weather conditions that have occurred “season-to-date” during the crop season. A unique aspect of the product is a “weather outlook” yield forecast in which the GFS and ECMWF forecast models are used to estimate the impact of the yield forecast based on those models.
The product is available in several forms. Contact us to learn more.
- United States of America
Web-based solution visualizing a wide range of crop yield/production forecasts and analysis for the US, Brazilian, and Argentinian county, state, and national level. The offer can include up to 34 years of historical, daily updated crop forecast to enable forecast performance quantification and trading algorithm development.
Contact Prescient Weather Ltd for CropProphet pricing information.
Titles of CropProphet users include:
Trader @ Hedge Fund
Data Scientist @ Hedge Fund
Data Scientist @ Crop Insurance company
Risk Manager @ Food and Beverage Company
Risk Manager @ Ag Risk Management Provider
Grain Merchandiser @ Grain Trading Company
Manage crop price risk, uncertainty, and opportunity by sourcing a systematically prepared crop yield/production forecast based on what impact crops: weather.
Data Sources & Collection
The data sources for CropProphet include:
1) USDA NASS
3) The European Center for Medium Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF)
4) Brazil’s IGBE
5) Excellent, market leading proprietary analysis
CropProphet quantifies the impact of weather on crops. Key differentiators include:
1) Weather based analytics based on 40 years of data. Satellite based yield forecasts are using data that is a lagging indicator of what the weather is causing the crop to do.
2) Having quantified the impact of weather on crop, we offer a weather forecast impacted crop yield forecast
3) Verification and accuracy - accuracy statistics are provided in the product interface. Transparency regarding model performance allows customers to better understand and trust the forecasts.