Buy Event Data
The Ultimate Guide to Event Data 2021
What is Event Data?
A whole host of different events are happening online and offline - in many places all the time. At any given point in time, there is an event taking place either in sports, festivals, performance arts, conferences, expos, or community-based activities. As data analytics continues to gain more traction in the 21st century, it is now becoming easier to collect data about these events and analyze it to gain more insight into various applications that range from forecasting to formulation of marketing strategies.
How is Event Data collected?
The collection of event data largely depends on the specific aspects and characteristics of the event. However, in universal terms, event data can be collected from registration systems of various entities, online surveys, event management software, mobile apps, on-site check-in, and engagement tools. The process of collecting this data should be guided by what is needed and whether the user is going to gain any meaningful insight from the data owing to the large pool that this dataset presents.
What are the attributes of Event Data?
Because events describe actions that are undertaken by entities, the core attributes of this data are founded on the three main categorizations of events:
Scheduled events that are attributed to attending events and non-attendance events.
- Attendance-based events – these events are featured with the need for physical attendance by people. They are include sporting events, conferences, expos, concerts, festivals, performance arts, and community-based activities.
- Non-attendance-based events – as the name suggests, they don’t necessarily require the physical presence of people for them to happen. They include public holidays, school holidays, observances, political events, academic events, and live television events.
What is Event Data used for?
Event data is used for event planning and logisitcs across the entertainment industry. It’s also used for demand forecasting, based on ticket sales and attendance rates from previous events. Entertainment industry marketers also rely on event data to create the most effective promotions and ads for their events, as well as spotting opportunities for endorsements and collaborations with key sponsors.
How can a user assess the quality of event data?
How can a user assess the quality of Event Data?
Before you buy data from an event data provider, users should evaluate the data quality by considering the following general quality factors:
• Depth and variety of event data – assess that the sources of data are critical to confirming event information is accurate.
• Verification – to evaluate if events data is reliable as inaccurate event data may be misleading.
• Accuracy and detail – to determine if the attributes are accurately represented, such as geolocation and attendance.
• Spam removal – if the database system has a way to identify and filter spam events on the go.
• De-duping – if the system has a mechanism for finding duplicate event data and deleting it from datasets.
Who are the best Event Data providers?
Finding the right Event Data provider for you really depends on your unique use case and data requirements, including budget and geographical coverage. Popular Event Data providers that you might want to buy Event Data from are Adara, Institutional Shareholder Services, Burbio, QUICK, and Automaton AI .
Where can I buy Event Data?
Data providers and vendors listed on Datarade sell Event Data products and samples. Popular Event Data products and datasets available on our platform are Foot Traffic Dataset by Automaton AI and Exercise / Functional Training / Outdoor Exercise Dataset by Automaton AI .
How can I get Event Data?
You can get Event Data via a range of delivery methods - the right one for you depends on your use case. For example, historical Event Data is usually available to download in bulk and delivered using an S3 bucket. On the other hand, if your use case is time-critical, you can buy real-time Event Data APIs, feeds and streams to download the most up-to-date intelligence.